6/2/2013 Version 6.0 released
- Added permissions for jobs - very similar to report permissions, allows you to control who can run and change jobs
- Added permissions to edit reports' layouts. The button "Layouts" will be disabled for the users without permissions to create and change layouts. However the existing layouts will be still available for them.
- Added possibility to create public parameters' templates. The administrator can create a template and make it available for all users.
- Added system reports for R-Tag SQLServer database. You can download internal reports for reports statistics and report optimizations.
- Added user permissions for R-Tag local database
- Added possibility to use a parameter as an e-mail address
- Hide empty folders from reports' and jobs' trees
- Added permission for Admin mode
- Fixed a bug in jobs workflow conditions
- Updated all components to .NET Framework 4.0
- Created a tool to automatically update user permissions for the used Windows folders
4/8/2013 Version 5.4 released
- Export to excel with formulas is available for jobs. Crystal report could be exported to a grid and then to excel without user interaction. In such way you can create an excel file with filter, frozen panels, summaries and pivot tables from your regular crystal reports without changing them.
- Export to HTML file , which could be inserted into the e-mail body. HTML file supports excel layouts , so if you want to insert a table it will look much cleaner than when it is exported from Crystal Reports. Here is an example of an e-mail with an included HTML file:
- Improved method to change on the fly the database used by Crystal Reports. You can use ODBC and OLEDB connection , including Crystal Reports 7,8 and and 8.5. The procedure works in the same way as before for reports with versions 9 and above.
- Fixed a bug related to record selection formula not applied for some reports when previewed on the screen.
3/11/2013 Version 5.3 released
- Improved export to Excel with formulas. When the grid expression syntax is not directly convertible to an excel formula you can add an excel formula to the grid. No Excel installation is required.
- WYSIWUG pivot table export to Excel. No Excel installation is required.
- Added an option to not refresh Crytal Reports. R-Tag Report Viewer and scheduler will use the saved data. This option might be useful if you don't have connection to the report database or you are tesint the report output.
- Added separate e-mail for error reporting. Until now error reporting was using the e-mail account used to send e-mails. Now you have an option to send the e-mails from one account and to receive the error reports in another one.
- Fixed a bug related to reports' fields retrieval. In some cases reports' fields were not available in file and e-mails screens to construct dynamic names.
2/11/2013 Version 5.2.4 released
- Fixed a bug, which was not allowing a trial period on some computers with a local database.
1/25/2013 Version 5.2.3 released
- Improved method to retrieve Crystal Reports data source for presenting the data in a grid, pivot table or chart
- Added functionality to open an output files prepared by a job. This allows a job to be used like a report. Run it and you will see the result on the screen. Before it was necessary to send the file by e-mail or to find it and open it manually.
- Fixed a bug when applying a Partial Connection String (just user and password). Thanks to Jan Bos from TXO-Systems for reporting this bug.
12/17/2012 Version 5.2.2 released
- Added the ability to use reports' fields inside the file names, folder names, e-mail addresses, subjects and messages. This functionality is useful if you are migrating from an "old school " report viewer / schedule, which is using reports formulas to calculate variables. We do not recommend to use this functionality for new reports because the external datasource and C# code have better performance.
12/13/2012 Version 5.2.1 released
- Added a status bar field , which shows information about the next refresh when AutoRefresh for Crystal Report is turned on.
- Fixed a bug in the job workflow, which was not allowing to change the value of a complex condition
- Fixed a bug related to shared parameters values, when multiple reports are started simultaneously. In case the report contains a date parameter, you run 2 or more instances of the same report with different dates simultaneously, and the focus stays inside the date control then all running reports will share the last selected date. Thanks to Doug Springs from NIAC Insurance for reporting this bug.
11/1/2012 Version 5.2 released
Official release for R-Tag Report Manager 32 and 64 bits for Windows 8
Our R-Tag Report Manager Beta for Windows 8 is officially closed. The program started on June 1st and after 5 months testing with group of 20 users in 7 companies we released the regular version.
New features with this release:
- Added dynamic formatting in SQL Ad-hoc reports. Both normal grid and pivot table support dynamic back and fore colors, font properties. Some examples of usage are: show negative numbers in red; show values in column A which are bigger than corresponding values in column B with blue background etc.
- Added datasource retrieval for Crystal Reports. When the Crystal report is ready you can click the button "Analyze" and retrieve the source of the report as an Ad-hoc report. The new datasource will contain all the fields, formulas and SQL Expressions used inside the report. After that you can filter it , format it , apply pivoting and create charts. The datasource supports the same layout system as the ad-hoc reports and you can save multiple layouts per report.
This works is as follows.
1. R-Tag viewer will run the crystal report.
2. When the user clicks the button "Analyze" the program will retrieve the data used to render the report and will show it in a grid
3. The user can format and save the layout of the new presentation. The layout will be saved with the crystal report and will be available the next time when the report is used.
This functionality is useful in case you have a lot of old Crystal Reports, which require on the fly filtering or pivoting. Generally, it is possible when you run the report the program to show directly the data in the grid (chart).However because the data is still retrieved by Crystal reports this will not improve the performance. The report will be still rendered behind the scene. If you want to see the data directly in a grid it will be better to recreate the report as an ad-hoc report - this will take just few minutes and will allow you to avoid Crystal rendering. Simple move from Crystal reports to a ad-hoc report might improve the performance dramatically.
10/12/2012 Version 5.1 released
- Added RTServiceManager tool to control R-Tag Windows Scheduler Service
- Updated scheduler user interface
- Improved method to change the connection to the database on the fly. The new method is the same as the one used in CRDataSource tool and will allow also changes for ODBC server and database.
- Added video Cascading parameters
- Fixed a bug when settings are saved with a local database
09/09/2012 Version 5 released
Windows 8 compatible.
- Added Impersonation to allow administrator to login as a another user and to check the permissions, reports and jobs availability for this user.
- Added WUSIWUG editor with spellcheck and full mail merge support for the e-mails. The editor supports Word doc and docx files and is able export the files to PDF. End user is able to create new and to modify the existing mail merge fields.
- Added filter by summary values in SQL Ad-hoc pivot tables
- Added a new User password change dialog to the start menu.
- New version of the RT Scheduler Windows Service released.
- Added menu item "Report Instructions" to the Report rght click menu. This menu will show to the user the instructions saved with the report. The editor was updated to use the new WUSIWYG editor.
- Fixed the problem with C# functions dropdown. This is rare bug found on some computers : in some cases the dropdown was hanging
06/15/2012 Added demo video "Why to choose R-Tag Report Manager?"
Link to the demo video
06/15/2012 CRDataSource can process subfolders
The tool to set database location in Crystal reports can process a folder with subfolders.
06/14/2012 Released RC version for Windows 8 (both 32 and 64 bits)
With the release of Windows 8 RC (5/31/2012) it is possible to start preparation for the Windows 8 version of R-Tag Report Manager. Please contact us if you are interested to explore the Windows 8 version.
06/8/2012 Support for templates for table summaries
With a single click you can create table totals for all numeric columns. Regular interface will allow you add table summaries to non numeric columns too ( table sumaries may be connected to another column)
06/8/2012 Support for details in pivot tables
Double click a cell to see the data used for he calculation.
06/1/2012 Support for pivot tables and group summaries for SQL Add-hoc reports.
Using the new interface you can create multiple layouts and present the same data as normal table, grouped table or pivot table. A chart can be connected to the current pivot table selection
04/01/2012 Support for a local database.
In case you are going to use the software on just one computer you can use local database. Installation is much simpler because SQL Server is not required.