CR Data Source
This tool is a huge time saver when you need to mass change Crystal reports connections. It is useful when:
- database was moved to a new server
- database name was changed
- database type was changed ( for example Access database was upgraded to SQLServer)
- connection info was corrupted and takes too much time to open the report
- you want to switch from ODBC to OLE DB connection and vice versa
- you want to create a duplicate folder structure for your REAL and TEST world reports
CR Data Source is part of R-Tag Report Manager package and can be downloaded from our Downloads page
The tool can change the datasources for all reports in a folder and supports multiple connections per report. Please test it before to purchase and make sure the tool works fine with your reports.
Regular price is $99. The tool is free for customers with R-Tag Scheduler Pro license.
It is not necessary to buy the tool if you have just few reports to process. Not registered version is fully functional except it is restricted to one report per run . So if you have a report with 20 subreports, place it in a folder alone and run the tool. The report will be processed in seconds and you will save 20 boring minutes.
We have a few customers who reported that they successfully used this tool on reports, which were taking too much time to load. Similar scenario is described in experts-exchange question: http://rdsrc.us/miAej6
If you have a case like that please let us know.